Really relax on holiday
The summer season is just around the corner in the northern hemisphere and with that comes more holiday breaks and time off to really relax and enjoy a well deserved break.
However, it can be so hard to unwind once you actually get on holiday. The stress of the million and one things still lingering from what you needed to do before you left; then the actual holiday arrives and you are overwhelmed by all the things you feel you could or should be doing. Here are a few suggestions to help you start to relax and have a wonderful time.
1. Exercise is a great way to relax and unwind whatever form it is in. Do something you enjoy: a run, going for a walk, swim or practicing some yoga.
2. Journaling can help as you will be letting go of stress as you write down what you are feeling, you can then also address it as you need to.
3. Taking some time each day to focus on your self. You may choose to take a walk, get a massage, take a sauna, relax in a bubble bath, nap, read, practice yoga, meditate, or dance – whatever you like that works for you.
4. Switch off from your emails and social media at some point each day, the longer the better.
5. A few minutes of meditation and getting out into nature will also naturally help you to unwind. If you are new to meditation, just sitting in a quiet place and focusing on your breath as it goes in and out for 5-10 minutes can help enormously.
6. Do things you find fun or something that excites you – perhaps an activity like zip lining that you may not have considered before. Laughter is a great way to unwind and with the added excitement you’ll feel a real buzz too.
Need some more self-care in your life? You can join my next free self-care challenge here.
If you would like support around your wellbeing in any way, please book in a free 30 minute call with me here and let’s chat to see how I can best support you.
Photo by Andy Brunner on Unsplash