From surviving to thriving the 9 to 5: for highly sensitive professionals
A 6-week group coaching programme for highly sensitive professionals to help you move from overwhelm to calm, and find a work/life balance that satisfies your needs.
Do you ever feel like you aren't really suited to the working world of full time employment? The fast-paced, ‘I want everything yesterday’ attitude doesn’t feel aligned and it sometimes takes up all your strength just to get through the day. It takes you a long time to decompress at the end of the day and when you are at work much of your time is taken up being constantly available to everyone else and their needs. You are likely feeling quite overwhelmed and a bit like you’re on a hamster wheel, week after week.
It’s doing nothing for your health, you may have gained some ‘desk job weight’, feel tired and depleted a lot of the time, and often spend your weekends ‘recovering’ so that you can feel a bit more like you come Monday morning.
Ultimately you want to have the energy to do everything you want – whether it’s spending time with the people you love, relaxation, exercise or doing things that give more meaning to your life. You’d like to stick with your health plans, feel energised and not dread Sunday evenings.
I get it, I’ve been there – I spent years working in various offices in central London. Over time I realised how sensitive I was to seemingly small things like public transport or the mood in the office on any particular day. I would spend most of my weekends sleeping or being alone as much as possible as this helped me to feel more like myself. I was turning to alcohol to chill out after work and as a result my relationship with myself and my health suffered. I had debilitating diarrhoea and was surviving off medication, aches in my joints, constant bloating, I struggled with my weight always gaining more than I lost (if I ever did lose any) and I felt tired ALL the time.
It was only when I started to make small changes in my life, on a regular and consistent basis that honoured ME and my sensitivities that things really started to change overall.
That is why I have designed this programme. It lays the foundation for six key areas in your life as a sensitive being in the workplace, provides tips, tools and advice to help inform healthier habits and choices, which in my experience help you to thrive in different situations, and really gets you to dig deep into where you are at in each area and improve it in a way that works for you. There is also a private Facebook for support, accountability and motivation from other people out there who are the same so you don’t feel so alone.
Some of the benefits you can expect include:
- More energy, so that when it comes to your free time you actually do the things you want to instead of making excuses.
- Feeling less overwhelmed and all over the place, and more calm and centred at work.
- Managing your stress levels so you aren’t mindlessly eating things you regret later leading to a vicious cycle of feeling even more depleted, and so that you aren’t taking it out on those you love.
- Being proud of your sensitivity and seeing it as a strength.
- You will find you sleep better and may lose some weight (if that is something you want) as you have the energy and motivation to take care of yourself.
- Finding more meaning in your life, so that you can move forward feeling inspired and happy.
- Content and tips on the weekly topics including a workbook with exercises and actions for you to implement. These won't take more than a few hours per week (spread over the week), so will easily fit into busy schedules
- 6 live group coaching calls
- A private Facebook group for support, motivation and sharing with others who have done or are also going through the programme
OVERVIEW OF THE DIFFERENT MODULES
1 – You
- Where are you at now?
- What are some of the factors in your life affecting your health and work/life balance at the moment? Looking at the factors that may affect you as a highly sensitive being.
- What specific things do you want to achieve? More energy? Less overwhelm? Better sleep? Weight loss? Etc.
- Your ‘Why?’
2 – Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Assessing your current stress levels and how they affect your overall health
- Ways to reduce stress - including tools and techniques that support highly sensitives
- Diet and exercise
3 – Cravings and emotional eating
- What causes cravings and emotional eating?
- Ways to reduce cravings
- How to manage emotional eating
- How this affects your weight
Week 4 – Energy levels
- Which foods help, which don’t
- Healthy snacks
- Exercise for energy
- Life outside of work and its impact on your energy
- The importance of sleep and tips for sleeping
- How to avoid the mid-afternoon slump
Week 5 – Boundaries and energy protection
- Setting some work/life balance goals
- What brings you joy?
- Energy protection tools for sensitives
- A look at technology and the part it plays in your life
- Boundaries, saying no
Week 6 – Self-care
- Ways to nurture the self that go beyond food and exercise
- Learning to trust yourself and your inner guidance
- Honouring sensitivity and seeing it as an incredible strength
- Moving forward - what works for you, maintaining support from others
BONUS module - handling work events as a highly sensitive
- Energy protection and boundaries
- Foods and drinks to support you
- Grounding before and after events to come back to a place of wholeness
- Meditations and visualisations to support you
BONUS emails - daily to your inbox throughout the programme
- Including tips, inspiration and more to help keep you engaged and held throughout
Start date This programme starts on Monday 16th September 2019.
Cost £600 for the whole programme. Early bird price (up to Friday 16th August 2019) of £500. The first five people to book will also get a 1 hour free session with me in September to help you personally. Payment plans are available, please email me if you would like to set one up.
To book please click here.
If you would like to see if this programme is a fit for you, or if you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free, no-obligation call.