From surviving to thriving the 9 to 5: for highly sensitive professionals
A 6-week group coaching programme for highly sensitive professionals.
Do you ever feel like the working world just doesn’t work for you?
The fast-paced, ‘I want everything yesterday’ attitude doesn’t feel aligned and it sometimes takes up all your strength just to get through the day.
It takes you a long time to decompress at the end of the day and when you are at work much of your time is taken up being constantly available to everyone else and their needs. You are likely feeling quite overwhelmed and a bit like you’re on a hamster wheel, week after week, trying to get on top of everything.
It’s doing nothing for your health, you’ve likely gained some ‘desk job weight’, feel tired and depleted a lot of the time, and often spend your weekends ‘recovering’ so that you can feel a bit more like yourself come Monday morning.
Ultimately you want to have the energy to do everything you want – whether it’s spending time with the people you love, relaxation, exercise or doing things that give more meaning to your life. You’d like to stick with your health plans, feel energised and not dread Sunday evenings.
I get it, I’ve been there – I spent years working in various offices in central London. Over time I realised how sensitive I was to seemingly small things like public transport or the mood in the office on any particular day. I would spend most of my weekends sleeping or being alone as much as possible as this helped me to feel more like myself. I was turning to food during the day and copious amounts of alcohol to chill out after work and as a result my relationship with myself and my health suffered. I had debilitating diarrhoea and was surviving off medication, aches in my joints, constant bloating, I struggled with my weight always gaining more than I lost (if I ever did lose any) and I felt tired ALL the time.
It was only when I started to make small changes in my life, on a regular and consistent basis that honoured ME and my sensitive self that things really started to change overall.
That is why I have designed this programme. It lays the foundation for six key areas in your life as a sensitive being in the workplace, provides tips, tools and advice to help inform healthier habits and choices, which in my experience help you to thrive in different situations, and really gets you to dig deep into where you are at in each area and improve it in a way that works for you. There is also a private Facebook for support, accountability and motivation from other people out there who are the same so you don’t feel so alone.
Some of the benefits you can expect include:
- More energy, so that when it comes to your free time you actually do the things you want to instead of making excuses.
- Feeling less overwhelmed and all over the place, and more calm and centred at work.
- Managing your stress levels so you aren’t mindlessly eating things you regret later leading to a vicious cycle of feeling even more depleted, and so that you aren’t taking it out on those you love.
- Being proud of your sensitivity and seeing it as a strength.
- You will find you sleep better and may lose some weight (if that is something you want) as you have the energy and motivation to take care of yourself.
- Finding more meaning in your life, so that you can move forward feeling inspired and happy.
- Bite-sized and easy to digest content and tips on the weekly topics including a workbook with exercises and actions for you to implement. These won't take more than a few hours per week (spread over the week), as I don’t want to overwhelm you, but at the same time know that change requires time and commitment.
- 6 live group coaching calls via Zoom. These will be held weekly on Sunday afternoons, to get you in the right frame of mind for the week ahead. They will all be recorded if you can’t make it. (You will need a good internet connection and video camera on your laptop/computer/phone to join).
- A private Facebook group for support, motivation and sharing with others who have done or are also going through the programme.
- Emails sent to your inbox every weekday at a random time, which include tips, inspiration and more to help inspire you and make you feel supported daily throughout the programme. A bit like a comforting tea or coffee break.
OVERVIEW OF THE DIFFERENT MODULES
1 – You
- Where are you at now?
- What are some of the factors in your life affecting your health and work/life balance at the moment?
- What is it like being highly sensitive in the workplace?
- What specific things do you want to achieve? More energy? Less overwhelm? Better sleep? Weight loss? Etc.
- Your ‘Why?’
2 – Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Assessing your current stress levels and how they affect your overall health
- Ways to reduce stress - including tools and techniques that support highly sensitives
- Diet and exercise
3 – Cravings and emotional eating
- What causes cravings and emotional eating?
- Ways to reduce cravings, including wanting to dive for the wine at the end of the working day
- Tools to manage emotional eating
Week 4 – Energy levels
- • Nutrition and movement tips for increasing energy
- Life outside of work and its impact on your energy
- The importance of sleep and tips for sleeping
- How to avoid the mid-afternoon slump
Week 5 – Boundaries and energy protection
- Setting some work/life balance goals
- Energy protection tools for sensitives
- A look at technology and the part it plays in your life
- Boundaries, saying no
Week 6 – Self-care
- Ways to nurture the self that go beyond food and exercise
- Learning to trust yourself and your inner guidance
- Honouring sensitivity and seeing it as an incredible strength that can support you in the workplace
- Moving forward - what works for you, finding your balance and getting support from others
- Playbook with tips and tools for 'Handling work events as a highly sensitive'.
- This space is for people who want to commit to make a change in their lives. Who are willing to try new things and be open to new suggestions, because you never know, they might just work.
- It’s for people who understand or are open to, a holistic approach to wellbeing that encompasses mind, body and spirit.
- It’s for people who want to put their wellbeing first knowing that this will have a ripple effect on all areas of their lives.
- It’s not for people who aren’t open to trying something a little different and want to achieve a different outcome doing what they’ve always been doing.
- It's not for people looking for a quick fix and way to ignore what's really going on underneath.
- 3 x monthly payments of £166 (available up to end of 2019)
- 3 x monthly payments of £200 (available in 2020)
This programme starts on Monday 10th February 2020 and ends on Sunday 22nd March, so that you feel supported over those last few winter weeks in the northern hemisphere and can start spring feeling fresh and renewed.
Who this programme is for and not for.
£600 for the whole programme. Early bird price (up to 31st December 2019) of £500, which also includes a 1 hour free session with me in February to support you personally.
Payment plans are available as follows:
To book please click here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSQ: Do I need to be working a full time 9 to 5 job to do this course? A: No. This course is for anyone who works in an office setting, or even with others who work in an office setting. The tools and workbooks are supportive on many levels no matter what you do in life.
Q: Do I need to do the course live to benefit? A: Whilst I recommend joining live as you’ll be supported by me and doing the course alongside others, you can do it in your own time as you’ll have all the tools and recordings.
Q: How much time will I need each week? A: Each week varies, but for the basic content I recommend having around 2-3 hours per week. The more time you can commit the better, as you’ll be able to experiment and try out more things. But I fully get that this isn’t always possible.. But the idea is for you to follow the course so you have more energy and are able to commit to and do more for yourself, so if you can prioritise it, you will see the benefits.
Q: What happens if I join and decide that it isn’t for me? A: I am offering a 75% refund of whatever you have paid already, if you let me know this course isn’t for you up to the end of week 2. After this point there are no refunds.
If you would like to have a chat to find out more or if you have any additional questions please email me at email@example.com to arrange a time to talk.
It wasn't until I started the 'From surviving to thriving the 9 to 5' programme that I realised how ill I actually felt and that I was wishing my life away... The first week was the hardest, I had to acknowledge where I was and it was a wake-up call, but Tara made it easier by splitting the course into small manageable sections so I wasn't overwhelmed... I started small, and just admitting that I wasn't coping was a win. After that I made small manageable changes that are now already starting to become habits. Tara has helped me identify foods that drain me and encouraged me to try a more vegetarian based diet, which has been a revelation and I can't believe how good I feel after this particular change... If, like me, you realise that things need to change I would really recommend working with Tara. We looked at a different area each week and discussed what small changes I could try to make. I still have work to do, but just having someone supporting me who has been through similar things and came out of the other side was reassuring. Whilst the stresses in my life are still there, and I quite often have a wobble, I now feel better equipped to cope and the constant feeling of being overwhelmed has eased. For the first time, in a long time, I actually feel quite positive, that I can do this and stick to it. I've also found a new hobby for making raw chocolates, thanks Tara!